Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Egg on My Face

This past week, my family and I hopped down to Zions' National Park for a few days and stayed in a breathtaking resort. The cliffs and canyons were gorgeous and the weather was perfect. We enjoyed swimming, hiking, zip lining, paint balling, tennis, and of course, great food!

Then, it was back home for a night, and skipping up to Heber Canyon for a Youth Conference with almost 300 kids! This was truly a fun culinary experience for me, as I was asked to head up a food committee to feed all these people for 2 days. I was amazed at the amounts of food we went through in such a short time, and how voracious teenage kids can be when they're out playing in nature.

And about the egg on my face...

You would have egg on your face too, if you made 350 eggs for breakfast, along with 400 sausage links--and let's not forget the 250 marshmallow brownies, and almost 60 lbs of lunch meat that were served up! Phew! It's exhausting just to remember it all, but thanks to a great team, we all enjoyed seeing the smiles on the kids' faces and their hearty appetites as they feasted on what we had prepared.

Finally, I came home, and jumped into bed--slept 14 hours, and am now ready to do it all over again. It was a great time!

No comments: